Leduc Comp Football Season Kicks Off
The Leduc Comp Tigers Football Team kicked off the 2014 season on Wednesday September 4th against St. Albert. The defending champions from the 2012 Metro League City Division have found themselves in a brand new division. This came about when the Edmonton Public School Association joined the Metro Association in the spring of 2013.
Now there are three divisions: Carr, Miles, and Gilfillan. Leduc has joined with St. Albert, Ardrossan, Paul Kane, W.P. Wagner, Archbishop O’Leary, Strathcona, and McNally to compete in the Miles Division. Most of these teams will be competing at the Tier II Level and unlike last year the Tigers will be able to qualify for the provincial playoffs.
If the Tigers first game is any indication the new division is going to be very competitive as the Skyhawks from St. Albert were able to hold off the Tigers in an exciting game 29 to 22. The next game for the Tigers is today when they face Ardrossan in Sherwood Park at 7:30pm.
Meanwhile the Beaumont Bandits will be playing in the Gilfillan Division along with St Francis, St Joseph, M.E. Lazerte, Queen Elizabeth, Percy Page, Holy Trinity, Archbishop Jordan, and Fort Saskatchewan. The Bandits first game ended with a 23 to 15 lost to M.E. Lazerte.
The schedule for Leduc and Beaumont for the 2013 season: A gate admission of $5.00 will be charged to help defray the cost of renting the fields.
Date Opponent Place Time
Sept 12 Leduc @ Ardrossan Sherwood Park 7:30
Ft. Sask @ Beaumont Sherwood Park 5:00
Sept 19 O’Leary @ Leduc Clarke 5:00
Sept 20 Holy Trinty @ Beaumont Clarke 7:30
Sept 24 Beaumont @ Arch Jordan Sherwood Park 5:00
Sept 27 Leduc @ McNally Johnny Bright 5:00
Beaumont @ Queen E Foote 7:30
Oct 4 Leduc @ Strathcona Foote 5:00
Oct 11 W.P. Wagner @ Leduc Foote 5:00
St Francis @ Beaumont Johnny Bright 5:00
Oct 16 St Joseph @ Beaumont Johnny Bright 7:30
Oct 17 Paul Kane @ Leduc Johnny Bright 7:30
Oct 22 Miles Division Playoffs Begin
Oct 24 Beaumont @ Percy Page Johnny Bright 5:00
Oct 29 Gilfillan Division Playoffs Begin
- Thorsby Sabres at Provincials Thorsby North Central Zone Champions For the second year in a row the Thorsby Sabres Girls Volleyball Team won the North Central Alberta Schools’ Athletic Association (ASAA) Zone championships and advance to the provincial ...
- A New Sarepta Send-Off CLICK HERE TO VIEW VIDEO INTERVIEW WITH RACHELLE On Thursday, November 28th the New Sarepta Elementary School had a special assembly to send off Ms. Rachelle Pidherny, a member of the school’s teaching staff, who is ...
- Leduc Takes Title The Leduc Comp Boys Volleyball Team concluded a successful season when they traveled to Bev Facey in Sherwood Park to defeat the Bellerose Bulldogs on Friday, November 15th in the Metro Edmonton High School Athletic Association’s ...
- Breton Frozen Out The Breton Cougars’ semifinal game against the Rimbey Spartans was postponed from Saturday, November 16th to Monday, November 18th due to the snowstorm that made travelling too dangerous for the teams. Monday wasn’t ...
- Wetaskiwin Special Olympics Awarded At the Special Olympics Annual General Meeting held in Edmonton, the Wetaskiwin Special Olympics won top honours in four categories this year. Male Athlete of the Year Shaun Pydde ...
- Icemen Win! Mitchell Bowie moves the puck in a 5-0 Icemen win over Leduc Riggers this past Sunday. Icemen goal scores were Dawson Kress, Joshua Swampy, Courage Omeasoo, Keaton White, Corey Bowie. Photo by Byron Weaver.
- Anyone For Some Karate? From left to right: Dale Lambrecht, Sensei Jerry Marr and Dale Carlson. Photo by Randy Patrick. The Peace Hills Karate Club of Wetaskiwin held a training seminar this past weekend with Winnipeg based Sensei Jerry Marr as ...