RCMP and Their Enforcement Partners Focus on Intersection Safety
- Intersections can be dangerous! Be sure to pay close attention to your driving and others’.
- Watch out for other drivers and pedestrians.
- Always look before proceeding through intersections regardless of the traffic light colour. This is about being prepared for the unexpected and sharing the road safely.
- DO NOT Run through red lights.
- DO NOT roll through a stop sign
- DO NOT speed through intersections
- DO NOT follow too closely.
- DO NOT make unsafe left turns.
- Do NOT rely on having the right of way.
- Remember the 3 P’S - POINT, PAUSE, and PROCEED. Be alert at intersections and always look out for possible dangers when crossing the street.
- Make eye contact with drivers before you cross the street.
- Abide by traffic signs and signals. They are in place for your safety.
The Leduc RCMP Integrated Traffic Unit and their enforcement partners will be keeping an eye out for violators and high risk drivers at intersections throughout the Leduc Region. The Leduc RCMP is dedicated to improving public safety on our roadways.
- RCMP REPORT Picture: Suspect #1 in the Millet Liquor Store Break-in RCMP Investigating Break and Enter to Liquor Store in Millet On November 16, 2013, at 4:40 am, Wetaskiwin RCMP received a report of a break and enter to the Mickey ...